Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 The Great Orion Nebula and M43 De MNairan's Nebula Mod 350D CPC800 @ F10

Psychobilly

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Martin :)

I have some other techniques to explore as well...just seemed to be a logical way of handling the high dynamic range to me...the worst part is the manual alignment of the individual stacks but using difference mode helps with the a pair of layers at a time...

I want to repeat this at f6.3 to get a slightly wider view with more of the outer filamentry detail visible.

I suspect a similar approach to M31 might give some interesting results.... hmmmm......

Billy...

Sorry for all the edits i must start using the spell checker again it's just i dont trust it anymore :D

I have just gone back and re-worked the data in the individual layers... main difference was adjusting the black point of each of the individual layers so the sky background was the same level in each layer and then some further tweaks to stauration curves levels etc all the usual stuff once the layers were flattened...

8970_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

What do you think any better ?

Billy...

Hmm. Think I prefer the first one, some of the nebulosity at the top seems to have vanished....

Either way, I think they are the best M42's I have seen with a DSLR. Very nice work Billy!!

Archived