NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings!

Digitalfx3

Hello everyone,

My name is Dustin and am fairly new to astronomy, I first got interested when I was 8 years old but the super small and junk telescope I had at the time really never let me look at anything other then the moon. but about a month ago I was given a Bushnell 60x800 Refractor with plenty of Barlow's and eye pieces and that got the ball rolling big time for me (still not a great scope but far far better then the one I had as a kid) first night I used it I looked at the moon and then Jupiter....as soon as I saw the bands on Jupiter and 4 of its moons I was 100% hooked so 1 week later I picked up a Meade DS-2102 Refractor (still junk compaird to what most of you have) with Autostar 497 controller...so now I have an OK scope but have only had one night of cloud free skys but the seeing was very poor, I did get a good look @ the harvest moon on sept 15th. Now for the part about me, I am a welder/machinest, have 2 boys of 2 and 5 years and look forward to talking astronomy with all of you.

BTW I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Looks like I will be able to see some stars and maybe even get a pic or two of Jupiter...I am just going to shoot off my balcony...it isn't ideal with the street lamps and all but I will see what kinda pics I can come up with and post them up in a suitable place. What I have for a camera is "Interesting" to say the least...if I get some nice shots with my Lil system tonight I may elaborate...if the pics are pure rubbish.....I wont say a word lol.

Archived