Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette Nebula

Scott

As the title says, this is the Rosette Nebula. I was always under the impression that it's designation was NGC 2244 but when setting up I discovered that it is a combination of many different objects so I'll stick with the Rosette from now on :). It is found 5,200 ly away in the constellation of Monocerus and is about 130 ly in diameter
  I began imaging this back in early January using Sequence Generator Pro with it's mosaic wizard which @daz pretty much set up for me from scratch. I would have been lost without his assistance. By the end of the month had gotten no further than the Ha.
  @steppenwolf was kind enough to let me use his Oiii data (and tolerated my incessant badgering for processing advice). 

This image is important to me because it shows how much people in astronomy and in particular SGL are prepered to help each other. 
If you've made it this far....

Details as follow.

Ha (me)
6 pane mosaic, each pane consisting of 6X15min subs
Camera: Atik 414EX  
Scope: Skywatcher 80ED+reducer/flattener
Filter: Baader 8nm

Oiii (Steppenwolf)
24X10min subs
Camera: QSI 683 wsg
Scope: William Optics FLT98
Filter: Baader 8.5nm

59f58c0c393c5_RossetteNebula_S.R_andS.P..thumb.png.702e26351fffd3c7fc52cd99a7dccdfa.png

Archived