Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Error aligning SW Synscan dob

purchased a skywatcher synscan ten inch dob recently...when attempting to use two star or brightest star allignment the synscan immediately shuts down and returns to initializing process after second star is selected ... Will not slew.  ... 4.37 software version installed... Don't think this is an equipment problem but an error of some kind on my part... Any ideas would be appreciated.

I agree with Peter. I have the same 10" Dob mount, and have measured its current demand. As the mount does an automatic slew to the second alignment star, it energises both axis motors at full speed, and thus takes about double the "normal tracking" current. This may drop the voltage seen by the handset/mount axis controllers, if there is a poor contact in your power supply. Try disconnecting and re-connecting all of your leads, including the handset end and the one between the 2 motor boxes.

Geoff

Archived