Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge.thumb.jpg.b7f10f594317507d0f40662231b0d9a8.jpg

NGC 7635 The Bubble Nebula in Cassiopeia
Imaged using Atik 314L monochrome CCD camera and William Optics FLT-110 refractor on NEQ6 Pro SynScan mount
10 x 300 second subs in H-alpha

image.jpg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tooth_dr
      Taken on Sunday evening with a 98% Moon.
      Comprising of 12 x 600s subs using an ED80 with a 0.85x FF, an Atik 383L+ and a 7nm Optolong Filter.
      Stacked in DSS, and processed in PS.

Full frame and cropped, mono and h-alpha colour using NC Actions.

Thanks for looking
      Adam.

• By coatesg
      Managed a bit of further processing on data captured on holiday - this field of view is something I would really struggle with at home (it's 9 degrees lower, and doesn't rise above my roof from my garden!) - a widefield of the Eagle (M16), Swan/Omega (M17) and M18, as well as a lot of HII in the surrounding areas. The HA filter helped a lot in cutting through the atmosphere - it's not fantastically high from the site we were at, and I still had to have a couple of nights at it dodging the trees.
      Details:
      QHY163M + Canon 200mm f2.8L (@f3.85) + Baader 7nm HA filter, mounted on a Losmandy GM8.
      Exposure 2h50m in 5min subs. Binned a few subs as they were of poor quality. 
      Processing in PI. Thanks for looking
      At 50% resolution:

Partially annotated version (lots of unmarked catalogues not shown, and not sure why Sh2-47 is marked away from the actual object! :

• By Vicky050373
      M97 The Owl Nebula in Ursa Major imaged 04.05.2018
      William Optics FLT-110 refractor and Atik 314L monochrome CCD with Baader narrowband filters
      10 x 300 seconds H-Alpha, 10 x 300 seconds H-Beta and 10 x 300 seconds OIII
      Assigned to R, G & B channels respectively to give a false colour image.
    • By Vicky050373
      Managed a reasonably decent imaging session last weekend and had a go at one of my favourite little targets
      M97 The Owl Nebula in Ursa Major imaged 04.05.2018
      William Optics FLT-110 refractor and Atik 314L monochrome CCD with Baader narrowband filters
      10 x 300 seconds H-Alpha, 10 x 300 seconds H-Beta and 10 x 300 seconds OIII
      Assigned to R, G & B channels respectively to give a false colour image

• By Vicky050373
      M51 The Whirlpool Galaxy 21.04.18 My first proper attempt at RGB imaging with the monochrome CCD Imaged using William Optics FLT-110 and Atik 314L monochrome camera. 10 x 300 seconds R, 10 x 300 seconds G, 2 x 300 seconds B (as I had to delete the other 8 due to technical issues). 10 x 300 seconds Luminence. I will have another look at this data once I have done more reading up on combining my Luminence data with the RGB data as it was a case of having a play around this morning. However, I'm very happy with my result for now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.