Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
In what was my final image with the Optolong L-eXtreme filter before I had to send it back to FLO, I turned it over to Cassiopeia. I knew that the Lobster Claw nebula was hiding there somewhere by using Telescopius and framing it that way (since it doesn't show in Stellarium). I realised that with the field of view achieved by the 80ED, reducer and 071mc Pro I could fit no less than 4, possibly 5 or even 6 DSOs in one frame. I love this part of the night sky.
The final image is composed of 31 x 300 second exposures, gain 95 at -5c. I ended up using the wrong dark frames by accident to calibrate it, and in all honesty I was too lazy to go shoot the right dark frames and re-edit it. So I just cropped out any nasty parts and edited it as normal. Not great practice I know but I really didn't get enough time with this target anyway.
Either way I'm sharing the result and I hope you enjoy it!
Clear skies all, keep looking up & keep them cameras clicking
Originally brought for my C11 HD Edge, which its made for, but if used with filter wheel, OAG, and 0.7 focal reducer the spacing is to far out, hence the reluctant sale of this A+ Condition, unused (other than to see if it worked) focuser. The price includes special delivery. Bank transfer, paypal is ok, or cash/collect...ect... The price is £200. This would be great for planetary imaging, imaging without using an OAG, bringing the travel closer. Thanks for looking.
Hi there, starting to get somewhere with my C11 HD Edge. On the 22nd got this one of M1 Crab nebula, in h-alpha. Used the 0.7 focal reducer, bring the FL to 1960mm. The camera was an Atik 314L+ mono. The filter was a baarder 7nm. The mount was a Ioptron CEM120, guided off axis with PHD2.
I spent Friday night collecting 13 hours on the well known Bubble nebula (NGC7635) together with two less known emission nebulas, Sh2-159 (down to the right) and NGC7538 (upper right). Aladin Sky Atlas gives no name for the black nebulosity in the centre.
RGB collected with Esprit 150 and ASI071 (75 x 5 min). Ha collected with Esprit 100 and ASI1600 (27 x 15 min, Baader 3.5 nm Ha). Both side my side on the Mesu200 in my obsy. Ha added to the red channel in blend mode Lighten as 50%.
The Bubble nebula came clearly out as more bluish-red than the others so expect there may be quite a bit of Oiii in it.
Clouds moved in at 0100 and they have apparently decided to remian for at least a week.....
In an effort to improve on my image of the Bubble Nebula from a few years ago, I decided that my existing data needed a longer integration time...... so at a total integration time of just over 26 hours here's the result. The image, taken with my Esprit 150, is an LRGB rendition with an Ha blend into the Red and Lum channels. I was particularly interested in seeing how much detail I could extract on the bubble itself, so I decided that it looks best cropped.
LIGHTS: L: 33, R: 27, G:27, B:23 x 600s, Ha:16 x1800s, BIAS:100, DARKS:20, FLATS:40 all at -20C.