SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Super wide field MW

Brilliant :)  Looks like a wonderfully dark location - better than here.  Think I'll have to try this FOV :D  I need a lens between the current  1.2mm (all sky camera) and the 28mm I use for widefield.  Oh dear, I see another imaging rig project coming on! :D

25 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Aw nice work Dan, really like all that dark dust and M31 in the corner. I gather this is a very dark location. 1 sub!! 

yeah its pretty dark Chris not as dark as my normal spot but i camped here for the night as there was no wind this side of the island. I have a few more shots that I'm working on with some foreground stuff to make it little more interesting.  I might stack the subs i took of the milky but my first attempt wasn't great still struggling with DSS  

51 minutes ago, barkis said:

Terrific bit of Astro. Photography young Mr K.  
You really ought to consider submitting this to the APOD people, It has better 
than a good chance of selection.
Super job :icon_salut:.

Not so young now I turned 30 lol thanks very much though

i didn't know you can submit images for APOD

1 minute ago, Daniel-K said:

Not so young now I turned 30 lol thanks very much though

i didn't know you can submit images for APOD

Compared to me, you're a very young man. I'm not certain about how one goes about getting an Image selected as an APOD candidate either, I can find out how If you wish Daniel.

Q5: I have a picture that would make a good APOD. Will you use it?
A5: We can't promise to use it but we do strongly encourage picture submissions to APOD. Even if you only know of a good picture, please tell us about it. If you own the copyright for a submitted picture, please grant us explicit permission to use it. The best way to show us your picture is to load it onto a web page and send us the URL.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap_faq.html

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/lib/apsubmit2015.html

:)

Archived