NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

any suggestions

jed

After checking the weather reports and starry night i've decided that sunday night will be my first all-nighter to stay up and (try to)see jupiter thru my etx105, As it's gonna be a bit of a marathon i could do with a heads up as to the best sights for my scope and thru which eyepieces. (bit sparse at the min 26mm 10mm & a barlow)

i'm not being lazy i'm gonna do some research of my own but if theres any "corker's" out there i'd like to see those first.

not got much of the north sky to play with but fairly good views the rest of the way round as long as its not too close to the horizon(clay country slagheaps :laugh: )

I'm also gonna try to keep a decent log so any tips on that would be cool too

and i might even try a report to post on here

any help would be greatly appreciated

Clear skies

Jed

As for the log, just jot it as you do it, basically.

You ought to record date, time, temp (if you can), seeing & weather conditions, scope.

Then just log each object, what you noticed, how did you observe (i.e. averted vision), any tips for others to find the object, eyepiece used, etc, etc.

I tend to do mine rough and ready and then write it properly the next day

Most of all, just enjoy it!!!

Well I have just checked on the weather forcasts fo the next 5 and next 7 days and for me here in leed its garbage not worth me even attempting to kook out is cloud sleet drizzle cloud snow and rain

good job I still feel a bit ill or I would start getting fed up lol

Archived