NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear Skies in UK Tonight.

Rob

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope there right!... I don't want to build your hopes up too much, hey its the UK!!. Just got very excited while eating my toast and watching the weather report within the Andrew Mar show!. In fact I nearly choked.

:clouds2:

W sussex & Kent are not so clear.

Hmmmm, I really must think about moving ....

Oh come one Steve... The South East is much better than some other places - I'll swap :)

Billy...

I dont know Billy , I suppose Venus and Tropical Rainforests fair worse for Astronomy :)

Btw I live nr Canterbury :clouds2:

Going by BBC here (just so you know)

LOL!! Hahahah. Good one. The BBC! LOL.

My gut feeling for a clear night is that it is more likely that Josef Fritzl will be voted "Father of the Year".

:clouds2:

It's hard to say what that clear patch is going to do, but I have a nasty feeling it is going to be swallowed up by the next patch of cloud moving in, it already seems to be squashing closer together.

http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=eu

Do you guys use this website? I find it pretty useful.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOBBIES/

You can select Astronomy and it gives you an estimate of cloud cover for each level, low, medium, high etc

It says tonight that it will be 40% low cloud in London and all the other levels will be 0%, so it could be a good night! Haven't used my scope in 8 months so fingers crossed.

Rob, I hope you're not winding us up!!!!

What I would do for a clear sky tonight.

Met Office forecast for West Mids tonight is not promising, nor Met Check - the BBC one seems undecided!

I can't log on to Meteoblue for some reason!

I hope you're right Rob!

Barry.

Archived