NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sol WL 13-07-17

johnfosteruk

Not an especially good image! shot through terrible haze (it was lovely blue skies until Sol rose above the garden wall) in a rush before work.

20 frames, under exposed, I stretched it to within an inch of its life and probably over did it with IMPPG. Also the contrast increase has blown out the centre of the disk. 

There that's everything wrong with it, but it's definitely Sol, it's got 2665 on it and it's my first image of this AR since it moved fully onto the disk so it'll do for now. 

I did try a barlowed close up but not a chance of doing anything with it!

Most definitely not worth viewing at full resolution.

5967fb1c2f075_SolWL13-07-17.png.d5b6089aad949b2ace2877a2cbb8aaab.png

Nice image John, according to the Daily Mirror NASA have spotted a giant hole on the Sun named AR2665 that is bigger than the earth :eek: and it could threaten our very existence. lol

Dave

John, you did very well in the conditons you had, and it is good to get your first observation whenever a significant feature appears on the sun isn't it.  I'm always mightily relived when I manage to get a view of some significant development, I feel I can relax more then and just relax and enjoy any more views I get before the feature disappears. 

Archived