Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_nlc.gif

RayD

Atik 16200 - This should beat the heat!

37 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, RayD said:

No problem at all. I'd be interested to find out myself. 

I use the mini USB ones myself, but these look like USB B, which I've not seen. 

20170715_121103.jpg

Looks brilliant, I use those right angle power sockets too. I like how you've used heat shrink tubing to keep them closed - the little O rings that comes with them are somewhat inadequate :thumbsup:

Edited by RichLD
Typo

Just before seeing the extra posts I'd already been inspired to head over to eBay for some mini-USB ones, so i don't have to leave the USB plugged into my cold DSLR permanently.

Thanks for the inspiration.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, RichLD said:

There you go - they seem to be really nice quality as well, they have 24 AWG power conductors.

Startech 1m USB 2.0 A to Left Angle B USB Printer Cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GURMTTC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_JVWYYLViH1inL

I'm sure they do different lengths as well

Fantastic.  Thanks Rich, duly added to basket :thumbright:

14 minutes ago, RichLD said:

Looks brilliant, I use those right angle power sockets too. I like how you've used heat shrink tubing to keep them closed - the little O rings that comes with them are somewhat inadequate :thumbsup:

Yes I wasn't convinced with them Rich.  The heat shrink is the water tight stuff, which has a small amount of adhesive inside which melts and adheres when you heat it.

That's a dream camera, can't wait to see some images. 

Also I never thought to look for right angled cables before looking at this thread. I've just ordered some straight away. :smiley:

Andy.

3 people like this

If I can add to the OT right angle USB discussion, they are the only way to go. I've used right angle USB and power connectors on all my kit, and then everything loomed and cable tied to the kit, in theory at least there should be no strain on the very fragile sockets. 

Back on topic, love the spec of the 16200 btw, looking forwards to results.

Huw

4 people like this

Yes look forward to the first light.  Been constantly cloudy of late.

I am still pretty convinced QSI683 is the way to go for me but my mind is not closed to other options and I have been reading a lot of good things about the Atik 16200.  My Atik 460 has not missed a beat since I bought it.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Yes look forward to the first light.  Been constantly cloudy of late.

I am still pretty convinced QSI683 is the way to go for me but my mind is not closed to other options and I have been reading a lot of good things about the Atik 16200.  My Atik 460 has not missed a beat since I bought it.

I think if it wasn't for the fact the I had the Atik EFW2 and 2" filters already, I probably would have gone for the QSI, but the savings for me were substantial (knocking on for £1,000), so I couldn't really justify it.

I have to admit that I did also think about the support side and getting it back to Atik if it went wrong, or the Argon needed re-purging, would be a lot easier than shipping it to QSI.

Like you my 460 has been faultless, as have both of my EFW2's, so my confidence in Atik is pretty high.

Just need a little bit of clear sky now :thumbright:

1 hour ago, RayD said:

Just need a little bit of clear sky now :thumbright:

Don't we all, clear and DARK would be very nice, I've forgotten how my kit works by now:icon_biggrin:

Huw

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Horwig said:

Don't we all, clear and DARK would be very nice, I've forgotten how my kit works by now:icon_biggrin:

Huw

Tell me about it.  Looking quite clear in Nottingham at the moment.  Clear, blue evening sky....

Fingers crossed all set up to discover the joys of guiding with PHD2. Horrified to find that my new setup includes at least 9 10 cables, if you include the computer's power lead.

Where do they come from?

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Horwig said:

Huw

You are most certainly not wrong there!

1 person likes this