Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SynscanInit 2

Yes just copy information it is there for you I would think if you need to polar align an AZ mount (I dont know with not having one) yes use the polar finder position keeps mine tracked for a nights session.

48 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

downloaded and seem to have got it working :biggrin: does the polar finder have any bearing on a synscan AZ mount?

Glad you've got it working. You do enter pretty much what it says on the app onto the handset. Fortunately the handset retains the entered coordinates, so you rarely have to change those unless you've taken your scope out to a different site. Usually only the time and date needs setting, and daylight savings when the clocks change.

The polar finder isn't really useful for an alt-az mount. It's more for equatorial mounts that need to be polar aligned and shows the position of Polaris in respect to the true PA point.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Hi. I have used SynscanInit 2.1 for a year to get basic data for my Sky Watcher SynScan. And it was very useful. By accident my grandson in playing with phone uninstalled it in my Android. I went back to Google store by although it recognised the app name, the application icon is not listed. Tried probably 10:times but can not find app in Google play. Any advice ?

It looks as though it's been removed from Google Play.

I don't recommend this, but if you Google Synscaninit APK, you can find other places where it can be downloaded, as fifeskies has linked

However, you can't guarantee that there won't be added malware, so I personally wouldn't recommend it.

But if you're prepared to, it's there

Edited by Gfamily