Ikea FLOALT - Will it work as a flat box ?

jbrazio

Does anyone seen the new Ikea LED lighting lineup ?

They have launched a new LED product, FLOALT, which is some sort of light box and it comes in three different sizes, from which one is really interesting: FLOALT 30cm.

Does anyone already acquired it, would this work as a flat box ?

Interesting, looks like a light panel (sort of thing you may see in a suspended ceilings) already mounted in a box with more applications - wall lights and wifi control etc.  Interesting that Ikea suggest it's adjustable warm, warm white or cold white, I wonder if the light level (lumens) can be adjusted with some sort of dimmer or if the controller will do both.  Guess as a flat box you could add more to diffuse the light - paper/cotton sheet?

UK link  and controller link called a gateway but perhaps you just need a remote control with it ?

There is an interesting number that I sometimes see on led lamps,  color rendering index (CRI) the higher the more like natural light, difficult for LED's and florescent bulbs,  not really anything to do with original post but just thought I would include, halogen can be very good.

jbrazio, I have seen suggested tracing craft type light box's for flats. Worth a look.  Why not ask the astrophotographers what they use.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, spillage said:

I am sure using something like this is much easier than using my laptop screen as you can just point the scope up and balance this on top. I'm just a sucker for the easy way.

Ah yes, I see. I have my display vertical and the scope horizontal and a couple of feet away.

Michael

Archived