Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

80 frame animation of HA action in AR 2659, 26th May

Iainp

This one has come out well! Nice to post something without having to resort to excuses first...

Seeing was pretty good even though it was around 1.00pm, when things have normally fallen apart. Around 90 x 30 second frames originally, captured over around 50 minutes. I've tried not to overcook so as not to blow out the highlights or lose detail in the HAaction. The B&W version perhaps shows more detail too. These are big files, hope they load ok for everyone.

Iain 

26s.gif

26bw.gif

12 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

I must learn how to do them

Thanks Charl, give it a go! I can do an animation now almost as quickly as a single image! (The processing part I mean, capturing the data with unguided scope at 30 second intervals for an hour or more while trying to keep levels and focus constant and target in the centre of the FOV is still a white-knuckle ride ...) 

Thanks guys. Hi Neil, yes I normally run 30 seconds filming back to back, refocusing during the filming where necessary and only pausing for a couple of seconds every 4or  5 sets to recentre the area of interest. For proms it's 20 seconds, again with no break between each capture. If I need to adjust exposure or gain, that's done during the filming too. 

Iain 

Ah yes Neil, removing the waiting time will work wonders. Back to back is the way to go. If I ever have more than 3 seconds between captures I start to panic!  

Look forward to seeing the results. 

Archived