Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

recommend me a planetarium software

iwols

I agree with the above on the DEMO required for SkyX please ;)

Other programs such as SGPro and Nebulosity supply limited time licenced software. Heck, I even tried PixInsight for a few weeks while being blown away by it..hence purchasing it. Use it every week...Nothing but clouds so why not! :)  Also bought SGPro, great software. :p ...I've not got around to testing Nebulosity :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, iwols said:

how does this rate dave to skyx it looks similar

SKYTECHX is similar in they will both show you stars & planets & coordinates...etc. But they are not related to speak of. But I'll leave you a screenshot. Oh yes - it's free.

Dave

5903f1ac5ede3_SKYTECHXp.1.thumb.png.8d7cd752b525bb9027431f439101666b.png

Click on Image for Full-Size.

I don't use it much. It's developer came in one day and told us of his work and such. And I installed it and keep it updated and all, but I don't use it too often compared to the others. But it has never given me any problems.

I guess you're the White-Rat now! :D

Enjoy!

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave In Vermont said:

I don't use it much. It's developer came in one day and told us of his work and such. And I installed it and keep it updated and all, but I don't use it too often compared to the others. But it has never given me any problems.

I guess you're the White-Rat now! :D

Enjoy!

Dave

2 white rats now chasing tails

On 4/27/2017 at 19:31, SlimPaling said:

I use CdC with my ASA Mount with no problems at all .. I use it all of the time.

However ... looking at C2A it does allow for ASCOM connections ... you have to go into the settings to do this .... just as I did for my ASA Mount. I can't see any reason why you can use C2A

Mike

I tried out C2A but couldn't get on with it, a bit graunchy compared to CdC which I think I'll stick with.

9 hours ago, iwols said:

thanks dave ,last question honest,do you think the skyx was worth the cost compared to this free one cheers

As I've been using the Bisque brothers' TheSky software for closing-in on 20 years, it would appear that I do! :p

Not that you need to keep shelling-out money for it. The Bisque-team doesn't play "Innovation-Of-The-Minute" on it's users. I've been using the current TheSkyX Serious Astronomers edition since around 2012. And that only as my previous edition & computer were stolen. Is it worth it over, say, Stellarium? The answer to this is one of subjectivity. They are both capable of about an equal number of tasks. As well as CdC and C2A, et al. Both have eye-appealing visuals, excellent human/computer/telescope interfaces.

But, sorry to say, I can't say which is best - if one is the number you wish to have on your system regards a planetarium-programs.

Toss-A-Coin? :D

Dave

well must admit only tried cdc in the house but it never missed a beat which means my hardware is ok,hope to try outside asap will keep the thread informed thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2017 at 04:49, iwols said:

is it reliable dave?,just installed it but set nothing up yet

Been messing with skytechx seems good, like it  better than cdc ,connects to my eq6 fine no problems found ,few tweaks required to suit taste thumbs up from me . 

On 29.04.2017 at 08:52, Dave In Vermont said:

SKYTECHX is similar in they will both show you stars & planets & coordinates...etc. But they are not related to speak of. But I'll leave you a screenshot. Oh yes - it's free.

Thanks!

I saw screenshots and found one nice feature - and we added similar feature into Stellarium already (with extensions) :D

Archived