NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Windows XP SP 3 ??

beamish

I Installed SP3 on my desktop, and my Laptop Karlo, and I have had no Issues with either

machine at all, or any hardware, peripherals or otherwise.

You could wait until more replies come in. That will guide you to a decision perhaps.

Ron. :)

This is a link to an article on SP3, but looking at the date it was back in may so the problems have more than likely been sorted by now.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207600950

Just make sure System Restore is turned on BEFORE you install SP3....just in case :)

I've just downloaded / installed it, no probs and the lappy is running the same as before. Unfortunately I didn't read rosanellas post about turning the antivirus, spyware & firewall off first..... I think I have gotten away with it.

Gary

No problems here either, and I've installed it on a number of machines at work. I will say this though: it takes an age to install! Have a cuppa, do some reading, hang up the washing...then come back and it might have finished...

Archived