SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi again!

I finished what was for me the most difficult image so far - M81 and M82. I made this with 75X 4 minute exposures at ISO 800. I shot it from my site in Berkeley, so I had to deal with heavy light pollution that made catching the spiral arms the biggest challenge I've faced with imaging yet. Overall, I am pretty happy wit this image. I'm not sure if my camera (a nikon D3200) can do better given my conditions and setup (8" Orion Newtonian Astrograph, Orion SSAG, and an Orion Atlas mount). If you can think of any ways to improve let me know! Enjoy!

M8182 5hr 19mn 27s flats copy.jpg

1 hour ago, Costas Soler said:

Hi again!

I finished what was for me the most difficult image so far - M81 and M82. I made this with 75X 4 minute exposures at ISO 800. I shot it from my site in Berkeley, so I had to deal with heavy light pollution that made catching the spiral arms the biggest challenge I've faced with imaging yet. Overall, I am pretty happy wit this image. I'm not sure if my camera (a nikon D3200) can do better given my conditions and setup (8" Orion Newtonian Astrograph, Orion SSAG, and an Orion Atlas mount). If you can think of any ways to improve let me know! Enjoy!

I can't see any image..... Did you post it? 

Archived