Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'ngc884'.
Found 5 results
I decided to take this image of the open star cluster NGC884 with the goal of practicing my star field processing technique Basically, I think my star field images can be improved mainly in the sense of getting better colour into the core of the stars. For this image I tried several different approaches before settling on a DDP stretch of the Lum and RGB data which I then blended via PS Screen with some slightly stretched linear RGB data to get colour into the star cores. I set the exposure at 120s which gave a result such that the pixel level was just below my cameras non-linear region for the bright stars. LIGHTS: R:20,G:20;B:12 x 120s, FLATS:30, BIAS:100, DARKS:40 all at -20C.
I find star fields quite challenging to process, so I decided more practice. My attempt on the open cluster NGC884 is shown below. Since the object has some quite bright stars I went for a 2min sub exposure to ensure that I was below the non-linear region on my camera. I decided to go for a LRGB approach with a synthetic luminescence. The image represents just below 2 hours integration time. I'd appreciate any constructive comments. Alan LIGHTS: R:20,G:20;B:12 x 120s, FLATS:30, BIAS:100, DARKS:40 all at -20C.
While waiting and calibrating the setup for the Heart and Soul, I decided to shoot ~15 minutes each RGB in 30s subs for the double cluster. I managed less on the B, but I still stacked and processed them. 15 min on R and G, 7.5 on B. ASI 1600, Tair 3s wide open. Unity gain, ~ -15C. Clear skies!
Perseus Double Cluster (C14) Gear: Olympus E-PL6 attached to OM-System Zuiko 200mm/4 at f/5 (with DIY filter cap), on Celestron Nexstar SLT. Capture: 4 lights x 30s x 1600 ISO (no darks) Sky: deep country 30km from Limoges, France; Dusty but no moisture, average seeing; ~25° alt. Processing: Regim, Fotoxx
© Fabien COUTANT