Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TYCHO 8/3/17

mikeDnight

I know how you feel Richard. The moon is terrifying to me, as I struggle to choose a simple subject to draw and then I never know when to stop. The detail is never ending, and often by the time I've finished the sketch the shadows have changed drastically, so the sketch is scrapped. Astronomy is supposed to be relaxing but lunar sketching for me is borderline stressful. :lol:

Mike

That's a beauty! I need to have a crack at a first lunar sketch at some point but it's a bit intimidating with all the fine detail. Looks a step up in challenge from capturing a few vague swirls in a DSO. :smile:

2 hours ago, Size9Hex said:

That's a beauty! I need to have a crack at a first lunar sketch at some point but it's a bit intimidating with all the fine detail. Looks a step up in challenge from capturing a few vague swirls in a DSO. :smile:

Definitely Paul!

As soon as you pick up a pencil, the detail visible in the eyepiece more than doubles. With the Moon its never-ending.?

I hope you do have a crack at lunar drawing sooner rather than later, as I think once you've had some success you'll love it. You should try and find something simple to draw to begin with. I've been looking for something simple to sketch on the Moon for ages, so if you find anything please let me know! :icon_biggrin:

Mike

Hello Mike,

thanks for sharing this fine sketch with us.

Honestly I have often thought of doing a Tycho sketch but there's so much detail around it so that I always took an "easier" target. I should give it a try...

Achim

Archived