Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Room for another Jupiter?

Vega

Thanks all for the kind comments. The location was 1 mile from the English channel and the sea was due South from my viewpoint. I'm sure it is no co-incidence that the views of the planet were much steadier than would be at home. The more I think about it, a viewpoint along the english channel is probably the best bet anywhere in the UK for viewing/photographing objects low in the Southern sky. Cooler air, no buildings in that direction for at least 25 miles and the Southern sky constellations highest in the sky (from mainland UK) :hello2:

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

That looks like the view I got through the eyepiece at last weekend's Salisbury bash during the all too brief moments of steady seeing.

Great :clouds2:

Looking forward to when it climbs out of the southern murk. 3-6 years from now the views will much better from these sub-artic latitudes.

Archived