Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar Eclipse - 22nd September 1968

Mark at Beaufort

Yesterday someone sent me a photo of an observing session of the solar eclipse in 1968. I don't think I have ever seen this photo before. The scope was my 60mm Refractor and we view the eclipse through a Swift Herschel Wedge. The house was my Parents and the building behind the group was my wooden observatory. I am second from the left - a young 20 year old.

Mark Ch Eclipse[373].jpg

4 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

The other 3 members in the photo were a local 'Pop' group and as well as sending me the photo they enclosed their CD called 'Winter Moon'.

So I guess the guy sitting down is the drummer?

I was 6 and lived in a new build house with wooden framed single glazed windows and venitian blinds just like in the OPs photo. My family watched the eclipse through some sheets of glass that my mum had somehow put smoke onto. Luckily we all survived that one!

Later on I grew up to be a long haired motorcycling lout. Luckily I survived that too!

Archived