SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher Snapshot Cable

Andy35B

Don't know if anyone can help but I'm trying to find where I can get a snapshot lead that will fit the bottom of the Skywatcher Synscan GoTo hand controller and a canon camera or a pin out list to make one myself? There's plenty available that will fit the sockets on their newer mount but I can't find anything to fit the hand controller. Thanks in advance. 

Yes but you can now connect a lead from the handset to a camera and use the handset's built in photo controls. If you download the manual from https://storage.googleapis.com/skywatcher-canada/upfiles/en_download_caty01415653149.pdf and look at pages 37 & 38 it explains how to set this up and that the handset use pins 1 for the shutter and 4 I think as the common on the general purpose socket (Appendix III on page 45). It's the camera end that I'm not sure about as this pin has 3 connections. I've download the new firmware for the handset and that works fine with all the new options such as camera control and solar tracking showing up in the menus.

'Tis designed by Synta for dslr use.

Camera end... grnd is grnd as always.

tip should be shutter release (pin1 of synscan socket).

the remaining connection is focusing trigger (leave unwired)

Wire up a cable with just the two wires from the handset and try it - if it triggers autofocus then swap to the other connection at camera end and it should now trigger shutter. Done!

see https://goo.gl/images/149z5t

Archived