Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter from the 28th

Pete Presland

Up again at 4am to image Jupiter, the conditions a little than the last time :happy7: The jet-stream has cleared the country, but it was fog that was now the issue :icon_biggrin:

The usual C9.25 scope, ASI120mm with around 7.5 mins of data de-rotated in Winjupos. A little more detail than last time and the GRS on show :icon_biggrin:

On the plus side I have managed to remove the "blue" on the limb that occurs when I combine my images in Winjupos. Simply reducing the blue LD Value from 100 to 90 before combining has done the trick.

And at least I had the good sense to go back to bed at 5:45 when it was "clear" the fog had won!

2016-12-28-0450_3-Peter Presland--RGB.png    blue LDvalue0.png

15 minutes ago, resonator77 said:

This is an outstanding result given the seeing lately in the UK. What a dedication to wake up that early. Did you use any filters? how long did you shoot each channel?

Thank you, it is 150 secs per RGB channel, I was using the Astronomic type 2 RGB  filter set.

That is considerably better than the last outing isn't it Pete. But still way short of what we know can be got, even at 30 degrees Under good seeing the detail should pop right out. but we are not getting seeing like that yet. maybe in a few weeks when we get out of this deep freeze. Just have to keep trying. But the detail has sharpened a lot, since your last outing

so going in the right direction. The seeing I posted on my shot is actually quite horrendous. Some of the worst I have ever had to deal with. What with you and Freddy getting similar seeing, its clear we are in a bad spell, just wondering when that's going to change. Hope it not as long as spring

Archived