Breathtaking stuff.

I'm off there in a couple of weeks. Staying in a hut in the middle of nowhere. Just hope the solar wind keeps up and that we have clear skies (a rare thing in Iceland!)

Absolutely beautiful Tom. I was lucky enough to witness this on my 40th birthday some time ago from the same location and your wonderful capture has brought back some very happy memories, many thanks for sharing :happy11::happy11::happy11:

6 hours ago, lukebl said:

Breathtaking stuff.

I'm off there in a couple of weeks. Staying in a hut in the middle of nowhere. Just hope the solar wind keeps up and that we have clear skies (a rare thing in Iceland!)

I'm sure it will be good. The clear skies are the thing. I recommend the app / website www.sat24.com to get the satellite images to check if the clouds will pass, or for gaps. Then stay out as long as you can.

Tom 

1 hour ago, RichLD said:

Absolutely beautiful Tom. I was lucky enough to witness this on my 40th birthday some time ago from the same location and your wonderful capture has brought back some very happy memories, many thanks for sharing :happy11::happy11::happy11:

Cheers Rich, that's a great message. I hope what I saw is burned in my head forever. I took the video just on the path in front of the Church. Nice and dark too

34 minutes ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Really stunning, you must be pleased with that.

Absolutely. Considered activity was predicted as low. After losing my passport for a few hours earlier that day and missing my flight I was not even supposed to be there, for braving the elements staying out there and reading the satellite imagery correctly. 

All in all, yes very happy ?

Tom. 

Archived