SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A few white lights from the weekend, well Sunday anyway ;-)

Pete Presland

Just now, David Smith said:

Good job. Hate it when you get a short gap and you lose most of the time trying to get your kit to cooperate  :boxing:

It was a strange couple of things, the frame rate seemed restricted to around 15fps. This I did sort out, not sure how though. 

Fire capture wouldnt load the settings when switching from profile to another, this still haven't resolved.

Just now, bunnygod1 said:

It was a strange couple of things, the frame rate seemed restricted to around 15fps. This I did sort out, not sure how though. 

Fire capture wouldnt load the settings when switching from profile to another, this still haven't resolved.

Weird. I use SharpCap because I have never been able to get more than 15FPS out of FireCapture with my QHY5.

10 hours ago, Steve Ward said:

Haven't you got a bit of ND3.8 kicking about still Pete ?

That would certainly reduce the exposure time and hopefully up the framerate .

I have got a ND3.8 filter, but I thought the ND3 was usually.  I did get the camera back up to where usually operates in the end.

On 11/10/2016 at 09:44, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Pete under the conditions mate. firecapture did a wobbler with me lastnight while taking some moon pics.  thanks ,charl.

It was my fault the "Save and restore camera controls"   was not checked, so when i changed profiles or filters the values were not loaded from previous runs. You live and learn all the time. :happy10:

2 hours ago, Steve Ward said:

No the ND3.8 is the imaging film Pete , allows a lot more light through letting you use much shorter exposures , or in my case sensible exposures when using additional OIII filter that cuts a lot.

My mistake :help2: that's what I am using :laugh2: 

Archived