Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Detailed Images of ARs 2598 & 2599 in H-Alpha (16 images)

cshahar

These images were taken on the 7th of October, except for the last one which was acquired on the 6th (worth scrolling down for). The seeing on the 7th was highly variable, whereas on the 6th it was excellent. These are stitched mosaics and single framed shots. The variable seeing prevented me from doing my usual animation on the 6th, this time of AR2599. I actually found AR2598 to be visually fascinating, with its abundant plage regions.

Thanks,

-Charles

1 Mosaic1b.jpg

2 Mosaic2c.jpg

3 Mosaic Square.jpg

4 Mosaic Square2b.jpg

Single Frame AR1.jpg

Single Frame AR3.jpg

Single Frame Environs 1.jpg

Single Frame Environs 2.jpg

Single Frame Environs 3.jpg

Single Frame Environs 4.jpg

Single Frame Environs 5.jpg

Single Frame Environs 6.jpg

Single Frame Environs 7.jpg

Single Frame Environs 8.jpg

Single Frame Environs 9.jpg

xSun_5_091440_g5_ap1246_conv1.jpg

Thanks Roger & Pete. Pete, its actually a Daystar Quantum filter that I use. I totally agree with you about color processing. During the winter I will go back to these images and try to colorize them, but my experience has been that it adds something special to only about 10% of all my images.

-Charles

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments.

It would be an honor Dave, but the entire sequence of images may take hours to process and I really have to squeeze them into a busy schedule somehow. I won't post them until I am happy with the results.

-Charles

Archived