Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Total Newbi

Jamst4r

good morning all . Lee here from Earlsheaton , Dewsbury thought i'd join you guys to seek advice and general chit chat . just started astronamy bought myself a scope and looking to learn how to get great images from the cosmos 

20160914_164636.jpg

Welcome to SGL. May I say,  you have a got yourself a great looking setup for a beginner.  Getting quality Images with that should be very possible once you have it set up correctly.                                Much to learn,  and in time it will do a good job for you.    Standing on that Decking is not a good place for it though.  Probably OK for viewing,  but not for imaging,  anyone walking around on there will transmit vibrations that will be destructive to your exposures.              All will be learned in good time though,  so you can ask questions of the members,  who will be very pleased to help and advise you on your journey through the Universe.                        

Best Wishes. 

Hi Lee and welcome to SGL, nice scope and very comfortable observation area, as noted from your photograph. But as already pointed out, if you intend to get involved in AP, then you will need to move the setup off the deking to a new location, where it will free from vibration, or alternatively, you could consider cutting a hole in the deking, extending down into Mother Earth, to enable the casting of a substantial concrete pier, on which to mount the scope. The idea might not sit well with the rest of the family though, as it looks to be a well used family communal area, enjoy the forum :)

Archived