NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AR 2599 with quite good seeing

Iainp

Looking through the 160 stills for the animation being processed at the moment, some are quite sharp and detailed. Here's the best I've found so far. Normally I like to colour images but this one shows more in B&W.

Iain 

94s.jpg

Thanks Ray and Linda. Look forward to seeing what you get from this beauty. Yes, that bridge (I didn't know what to call it, looks like a ladder to me!) looks really interesting. Hopefully more will show in the animation I'm just posting. 

Iain 

Nicely done Iain, been trying here but very windy and fast moving cloud.

Trying to use the laptop without a sunshade as it keeps blowing away and accidentally ticked the wrong thing in Firecapture and found it was up to 9000 frames when I'd set it to 1000 :grin:

Dave

You inspired my to go home a bit early today and put up the 5"  Mak on photo tripod with Baader filter. I could clearly see several bigger spots on the lower left (amici prism), clearly separated. The ring around the spots was also very crisp.

Higher up I saw a big group of very small spots that were well separated.

This was one of my better solar observing sessions. Obviously the sky is very clear.

Great level of detail Iain, particularly in the bridge between the spots, as well as penumbral detail. If I can see penumbral filaments or striations in my images (sometimes it looks a bit mottled if the filaments are not well formed) then I know the seeing is above average.

-Charles

Thanks again all. Glad you got it Linda! Fingers crossed it's getting bigger and more active. Charles, I know what you mean,  definitely good seeing here, I think this is the most detail I've got out of spots so far even though the image is a little "ragged" and noisy.

Iain 

Archived