Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guidescope rings for ST120 frac

I currently have a Skytee 2 mount, with which I put on to it both my Skywatcher Startravel 120mm f5  frac, and also my Altair Astro Starwave 102mm f11 frac. I want to align both scopes together accurately on the mount so that the ST120 is a wide field finderscope in a sense to home in on so that the Starwave can observe the object in view too. I am looking at some ADM Vixen style dovetail bar with guidscope rings fitted from FLO https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adm-vixen-type-v-series/adm-vixen-style-dovetail-bar-with-guidescope-rings.html to potentially do this.

As the tube of my ST120 is 116mm across, will the 125mm rings suffice for what I need here, or will the 150mm rings be better for this? I'm thinking the former rather than the latter, but just want a little more advise here before I go for one or the other and buy some.

Thanks,

Gus

IMG_1688.JPG

Archived