NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

350d

spillage

Sorry all and please flame me for posting this but I have got myself tangled up in info. I have a 1100d which I can connect to my laptop and use eos utility to control timer settings iso setting etc.

I am looking for another cheap dslr that I can butcher to remove the ir filter. I have seen lots of cheap 400d and 350d's available but cannot seem to see clearly if these can also be controlled in the same way.

Or would I be better off looking waiting for a 450d or 1000d.

cheers

Spill.

I've modded several 350D's in the past, nice cameras with chunky pixels. However, I seem to remember them not being supported by EOS utilities. I think the 450D ans 1000D are, there is a table on the net somewhere which tells you, if I can dig it out I'll post it :)

I have a 350D. Canon never released any 64 bit drivers for it so you'd need to either be running 32 bit Windows, or a 32 bit virtual machine. Many have had success using a virtual machine but I installed 32 bit XP instead as my netbook isn't very fast and is short on RAM :smiley:

Once that's done it can be controlled in the same way. I use Astrophotography Tool, it does everything I need and much more and the free version includes almost everything.

You will not regret spending the extra money on a 450D or 1000D the 3rd gen processor is a big advantage as you get full USB shutter control and live view. You get neither with the 350D. Yes BYEOS supports the 350D but only with RS232 shutter control. Also the 350D has problems with AMP glow that have been fixed on the 1000D and 450D. Overall I would get the 450D.

Archived