September 4th - White Light - Another Smash and Grab

paulastro

A morning of mostly heavy rain, but about 9.40 a glimmer of brightness so I set up - with covers on the scope to keep the drizzle off.  The cloud thinned around the sun and I had a brief session from 9.47 to 9.53 before the cloud completely closed in again. After a few full disk images I quickly put the barlow in and just managed to re-focus and rattle off another handful of frames before the cloud completely closed in once more - the rain increased quickly resulting in a dash to get everything indoors.

Single frames with Equinox 80, Lunt H Wedge and Olympus E-M10 at 250 asa.  The full disk taken at 9.48 on 1/500, and the close up (with barlow) at 9.53 on 1/400.

P9040536a.JPGP9040586c.jpg

3 hours ago, Paul73 said:

A 6min window!!! 

That must be a record.

True dedication!

Paul

Many thanks Paul.  In the past I have had slots of less than a couple of minutes.  I remember on one occasion I only managed to fire a single frame off - amazingly it wasn't as bad as soon as the ones I have taken!  :biggrin:

2 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Paul, ive been sitting here all morrning waiting for a gap that hasnt come yet, glad you have some shots to beat those pesky spitefull clouds. well done ,thanks charl. ps  cracking close up too...

Many thanks charl, I hope you do get a chance later on.  I'm sure I saw or read a forecast which said the middle of the week was going to be better - though I've not seen any sign of it!

Archived