Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Umbra of new spot in (at least) 3 parts now.

Iainp

I promised a better animation of the new AR but I'm not sure this is actually an improvement! Well anyway it shows more detail in the spot itself, as skies were clear blue for the 20 minutes of recording, but seeing was terrible. The umbra is clearly in 3 parts now, and I wonder if the large central part is splitting again, perhaps even into 3 parts. 

Iain 

31gif10.gif

1 hour ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

a very large complex of large spots, partly hidden in H-alpha by the spicule layer.

Thanks both. Michael, ah that explains why the centre of the spot appears to be moving. 

Iain 

6 hours ago, cshahar said:

I wish i knew how to color the sun like that!

Thanks all. Charles, I use BIMP, the free batch processing plugin for the free GIMP! It's the work of a moment :happy10: . My default setting for Curves, but tend to adjust for each animation:

colour4.jpg

6 hours ago, cshahar said:

this one seems user friendly

Good luck! Any problems, let me know or I can do a video tutorial. I'm sure you'll be fine though; remember, I'm the one who took 3 months to learn how to use flats in AS!2 despite your help :happy11:.  Here's the link again to my BIMP tutorial (ok, that's rather a grand name for a few screen prints :happy10:)

http://fouragesofsand.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/batch-processing-in-gimp.html 

Archived