Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

August 30th - H Alpha - WL - Filaprom - New AR?

paulastro

I had a session from 9 am to 10 am this morning, but alas conditions were very poor, haze and cloud plus poor seeing.  Right, that's the excuses over with!!   Still there was a lot of disk detail in HA, though my image below is effected by cloud.  The big prominence from yesterday is still in the E, if rather subdued,   and there is a filaprom in the NE.  Further S, down from the filaprom is what looks like a new AR.  In the WL image you can also just about make out there is something there in this position.  I have brightened up the image with the prominences to show the material forming a 'bridge' between two prominences in the E (below the large prominence) and a very faint whisp of detached material in the W.

Usual equipment, single frames taken at 9.25, (1/80 at 500 asa), 9.20, (1/5 at 500 asa) and 9.49 (1/3200 at 100 asa).

P8300691a.jpgP8300667b.jpgP8300794b.jpg

9 minutes ago, Iainp said:

Lovely! I'm looking at this now. So much going on. Great captures

Iain 

Many thanks Iain.  I wish I was observing with you - cloudy here apart from the occasional brief glimmer.  Still, at last I got to see it :smile:.

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Nicely done Paul, bit of prom' action going on, trying to do a timelapse but every time I start autorun a big cloud parks itself in front of the Sun.

Dave

Thanks Dave.  I hope you're still trying - from a selfish point of view I like to see the animations you post up :smile:.

Archived