NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sol WL 30-08 11:30

johnfosteruk

Back to normal reserved processing today after my bank holiday excess, cloudy to the East first thing until about 10 am but I didn't get a chance to go out until just before half past 11 by which time it was wall to wall blue and reasonable seeing.

50 frames out of 150 at 1/2000 ISO 200, aligned in Pipp, stacked with AS!2, Registax sharpening and finished in PS.

New Barlow arrives tomorrow so looking forward to doing some proper closeups (no doubt it'll rain), but for now, a crop is included.

2581 is developing into quite a nice little heart shape as it approaches the western limb I think, and there's a pore over in that area on the Eastern limb, spotted it visually as well. Fingers crossed it develops.

Sol WL 30-08.pngSol WL 30-08 Collage.pngSol WL 30-08 Crop.png

great shots John, looking good when cropped too. yer that spots very dynamic, different every day, thats what i like about sol and draws me to it, deep space stuff is nice but you dont see much change, the odd supernova or comet ect, but mosty stuff thats been the same for eons, but i still like looking at ds and the moon just not as much as sol. well done, charl.

Archived