Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 First go

algady

Well, I'll call it "Final version", more data been added! I hope you like it!

I know it's not so good, but I think it's acceptable! 

Andromeda galaxy (M31)

Telescope: ED80

CCD: QHY8L @-20

Mount: AZ EQ6-GT

Exposure: 6:28 Hrs

Software:

Pixinsight 1.8 Ripley

Adobe Photoshop 6

Deep sky stacker

M31_6Hrs_28min_2_copy_ABE_DBE_best.png

Algady

10 minutes ago, Bonnylad said:

Really like that. Beautiful colour.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

Very nice and subtle capture. I'd be proud of that. It's very easy on the eyes and not over done. 

I like it

Thanks

I really struggled with the light pollution here near Newcastle city center which makes background looks horrible!   

Hi Algady

A nice capture, so good that I'm sure you have loads of data in the outer parts that you aren't bringing out.

Try stretching it a little bit more and slightly moving the colour balance from red to cyan, then increasing the saturation of blue and the young, hot stars in the outer regions will come out stronger.

9 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Hi Algady

A nice capture, so good that I'm sure you have loads of data in the outer parts that you aren't bringing out.

Try stretching it a little bit more and slightly moving the colour balance from red to cyan, then increasing the saturation of blue and the young, hot stars in the outer regions will come out stronger.

Hi and thanks for your tips, will give it a try later on

thanks again

Hi again,

I've managed to add some flat frames which helped a lot, but as you can see I wasn't able to bring more colour to the entire galaxy! when I increase saturation only the core got effected!

Any tips or maybe I need more data!

thanks

M31_6Hrs_33min_with_flats_DBE_DBE.png

49 minutes ago, algady said:

Hi again,

I've managed to add some flat frames which helped a lot, but as you can see I wasn't able to bring more colour to the entire galaxy! when I increase saturation only the core got effected!

Any tips or maybe I need more data!

Are you using Photoshop?

With your image, there is plenty of strong red colour in the core. instead of increasing the RGB saturation click next to RGB and select 'blue' and play with the saturation slider. Then repeat for 'cyan' and 'yellow'.

Just do the above enough to make the colour appear, then try this tip I was given early on:

Duplicate the main image as a new layer twice.

Set the first new layer to the mode 'soft light'.

Set the top new layer to the mode 'luminosity'

This increases the colour more gently than using the saturation control. You can repeat it as required.

Also

You have a very nice image, but I think that there's a lot more in it than shown so far.

Have a look here for a similar image:

BTW, you wrote that you have 6.5 hrs of data. What was the sub exposure length?

At that total time, you shouldn't need more data, unless you plan to go really deep. In which case sub exposure length is going to be the main factor, I think.

Carefull processing, in either PS or PI, should bring out lots of detail and colour.

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

You have a very nice image, but I think that there's a lot more in it than shown so far.

Have a look here for a similar image:

BTW, you wrote that you have 6.5 hrs of data. What was the sub exposure length?

At that total time, you shouldn't need more data, unless you plan to go really deep. In which case sub exposure length is going to be the main factor, I think.

Carefull processing, in either PS or PI, should bring out lots of detail and colour.

I did it in 2 nights, one was 5 min and the other was 8 min!

thanks for your support

Archived