Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My First Image Of Deneb

Hi All

Here is my first attempt at imaging using just my DSLR with a 50mm lens on my Star Adventurer, this is the star Deneb in the constellation of Cygnus.

Thanks for the people who gave me advice on camera settings which helped me get this image.

Deneb 5th aug 2016 1.jpg

What was the exposure time and how many if more then one? OK basically all the setting you used :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Ask as it helps others to realise what they can achieve with a relatively simple wide field DSLR image and not necessarily a cooled ccd, apo scope, guiding and all the rest.

It's a great chunk of sky for both widefield and deeper imaging. at the risk of stating the obvious, WOW... look at all those stars :) 

can I suggest you move down to the veil complex? I think it looks great in a wide shot.gives it some sort of context 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Bonnylad said:

Excellent. Just shows what's out there. Did you take any darks or bias? And how do you rate the StarAdventurer?

Cheers

Hi John,

Yes, i took 10 dark frames and 10 bias frames, the StarAdventurer i think is fantastic, i am out tonight to image the same area of sky but using a 10-20mm lens.

Archived