NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

August 6th - H Alpha - Nice Filaprom

paulastro

Up early, had an HA session first from 6.28 am to 6.43am and the seeing was ok, alas by the time I went onto WL around 7.00 am it had already started  to deteriorate.  It was a little disappointing that the long arc of prominences on the SE limb seen yesterday hadn't developed better, but this could still happen as they rotate into view a bit more.  The filament running N to S has now reached  the W limb and has started to form a filaprom.

Single frames with Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10 at 500 asa.  The first taken at 6.42 am on 1/100 sec, and the second/third taken at 6.37 am on 1/8 sec.

P8060091b.jpgP8060075a.jpgP8060075c.jpg

7 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

Great work. Well done! :)

I'm hoping that the blue skies today will materialise into clear skies for tonight! Fingers crossed! ;) 

Many thanks.  I hope the skies are clear for you tonight, have  a good one. 

6 hours ago, David Smith said:

Awoke to blue skies from horizon to horizon this morning, can't remember when that last happened. Great images Paul.

Many thanks David.  It was like that here as well this morning.  In fact I was in shock to the degree I got up too early and had to wait for the sun to rise!  :smile:

4 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Nicely done Paul, seeing deteriorated so much here I thought the focus had moved lol

Dave

Thank you Dave.  Blimey, that is bad seeing.  Perhaps it wasn't so bad here this morning after all. :smile:

4 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Paul, cloud here untill the last few minutes, got a few shots. lovely and sunny here now when sols outa range. well done. thanks charl.

Thanks charl, I'm pleased you had at least some clear sky, anything is better than nothing.  :smile:

Archived