Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cannon 1000D

The software that comes with the camera is fine for this (eos utils) the other packaged software DPP is also excellent for raw image processing.

If you want a few more bells and whistles then APT is very good.

Alan

+1 for both EOS Utilities and Astrophotography Tool. APT has far more going on and allows you more control. If you just want to 'snap' a few pictures then EOS utilities is fine. If you didn't get the software with the camera then you can download the latest version from the Canon site.

19 hours ago, MARS1960 said:

There is also backyard EOS, you can trial it free for a month, (the FWHM and Bahtinov mask focusing tools are a real help) i did and just purchased the premium edition for under £35.

I downloaded both and did think B-EOS was easier to use. However the following month then proceeded to have cloud every night I could get out, so I never really got to properly evaluate it.  Might have to ask them for an extension, when I get back from holiday.

Hi Steve,

I am no expert, only just starting out myself but I have an EOS 1000d and I think you can use any of the 'creative settings' on the mode dial but probably you should be on M for manual anyway. To use Live view you have to enable it in the  settings menu.

Dan

Archived