NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

July 28th - H Alpha - Through cloud - again!!

paulastro

It was forecast rain here virtually all day, but there was a bit of thinning between 6.44 am and 7.47 am so I quickly set up and took a few frames, all through cloud and the image below was the most cloud-free I managed.  Single frame with Lunt 60 DS, Olympus E-M10, 500 asa, taken at 7.46 am on 1/40 sec.

It was good to see the large filament is still impressive, and also how the filament to the S of it has developed a 'spike' pointing back toward the large one.  There is also a small hot spot near the E limb. As far as I could see, there were no significant prominences.

P7280376c.jpg

great shot Paul, my cloud wasnt as helpfull, i did see sol for about 5 sec but by the time id turned everything on it had gone, its raining now " oh what a lovely summer". you did well to beat the weather.well done and goodluck for 42.thanks  charl.

4 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shot Paul, my cloud wasnt as helpfull, i did see sol for about 5 sec but by the time id turned everything on it had gone, its raining now " oh what a lovely summer". you did well to beat the weather.well done and goodluck for 42.thanks  charl.

Thank you charl, it looks more favourable for you tomorrow - or it did when I checked earlier.  :smile:

4 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Well done Paul, one more ticked off.

Dave

Cheers Dave.  I have to admit, I like observing the sun so much I'm miffed any day I can't observe it - and that's irrespective if it's a day or two weeks since I last observed.  I know, it's  a terrible condition to suffer from. :biggrin:

41 and counting.  Amazing for a single shot and you got the thin 'fish hook' filament in as well. I noticed it was chucking it down at my house today, so you did well to get this shot.

Robin

29 minutes ago, DrRobin said:

41 and counting.  Amazing for a single shot and you got the thin 'fish hook' filament in as well. I noticed it was chucking it down at my house today, so you did well to get this shot.

Robin

Many thanks Robin.  I was wandering what that other filament reminded me of and ' fish hook' fits the bill perfectly.  Excellent.  I'm going to use that in my observing book - with a suitable credit to your good self of course! :smile:.  I bet when you saw what the weather was like back home you were even more delighted that you are on holiday.

Archived