NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Calima spots!

JB80

I debated whether to post this here or in the photography section but seeing as it is the Sun and the AR's are visible plus I haven't posted much recently I will whack it in here. :D

Once again we are under a layer of dust from the Sahara and once again it is making for some beautiful sunsets, it was actually cloudy and raining mud a half hour earlier but the front blew away to reveal the sun hanging low in the sky a safely(maybe) observable to the naked eye. Through the zoom lens at 300mm the two AR's 2565 & 2567 where visible too.
Anyway just a quick selection of shots from last night, might be in for a repeat performance today if lucky.

This first one was the sharpest of the lot I think.

28415292376_d26b6531a4_b.jpg

28415292186_28daa00b07_b.jpg

27830590074_ccdea64545_b.jpg

28447836285_a7ec419434_b.jpg

28415579926_e58755ba55_b.jpg

Thanks all!

32 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Very nice set Jarrod, guess it's too hot there to go out in the daytime, only "Mad dogs and Englishmen" do that :grin:

Dave

It's actually been a bit mild on the coast here, in land is muy scorchio though. But yeah I try to get the heavy lifting out of the way by lunch time.
It's definitely too hot for any meaningful solar work, I can get away with some Ha first thing but that is about it.

4 minutes ago, Steve Ward said:

Lovely Jarrod ... :happy7:

Now if you'd be so kind as to turn that big fan round the other way I'd be very grateful , had enough of your nasty hot air wafting over us for one year thank you very much ... :icon_albino:

Aww it can't be that bad can it? I say enjoy it while it last as it might be another 5 years before you see the sun again. :D
At least it makes that pint/cold beverage of choice at the end of the day even more enjoyable.

8 minutes ago, cshahar said:

Nice one Jarrod. I like the sense of perspective your images bring!

-Charles

Cheers, the landscape helps a bit too. :)

Just now, JB80 said:

At least it makes that pint/cold beverage of choice at the end of the day even more enjoyable.

It's the drinking 10 pints of water a day and not needing a wee that gets me , never knew the human body had quite so many sweat glands ... :icescream:

lol yeah, as long as you are still sweating though then all is good. :)

5 minutes ago, Steve Ward said:

It's the drinking 10 pints of water a day and not needing a wee that gets me , never knew the human body had quite so many sweat glands ... :icescream:

Thanks Sara, I noticed just how bad the transparency was last night as even the full Moon was very dim and the stars where nowhere to be seen and that is on top of the right mess it makes when it settles.

Today should be the last of it but you never know.

Archived