NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

July 20th - H Alpha - White Light

paulastro

I had a session from 6.30 am to 7.20 am.  It then clouded up, we had a thunderstorm and it's brighter again now, this will probably be the pattern for the day. There are some nice prominences in the W, and a filaprom in the E.  Also several other smaller prominences. AR2565 and AR2567 show some changes since yesterdays observation. HA single frames taken with Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10 at 500 asa.  the first taken at 6.37 am on 1/60 sec, and the second at the same time on 1/6 sec.  White Light frames taken with Equinox 80 and Lunt H Wedge on 250 asa.  The full disk taken at 6.54 am on 1/2000 sec, and the close up at 7.13 am on 1/640 sec, plus a x2 barlow.

P7200999a.jpgP7201000b.jpgP7201097b.jpg

P7201196c.jpg

2 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Paul, you must be getting nearly a month in a row now mate, super dedication mate, well done. charl.

Many thanks charl, that's very kind of you.  33 not out!!  :grin:

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Nice mages Paul, gone all cloudy here, may get a thunder storm, at least I can try imaging the lightning :grin:

Dave

Thanks Dave, I hope you have willies on if you live at the top of a hill!

1 hour ago, David Smith said:

Another great set Paul. Had some Sun early this morning but clouds moved in quite quickly today.

Thanks David.  Similar here.  We've since had a thunderstorm and very humid conditions with hazy blue bits.

Archived