SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

George Foreman Grill ?

ultramol

It has been many months since I had any clear nights here in the north west of England. I am afraid if it does not change soon my telescope will end up with the George Foreman grill and toasted sandwich maker, in a cupboard never to see the light of day again. It never used to be like this....did it ? Jet Stream !!! Wet stream I think......

This prolonged cloudy wet weather is really quite exceptional. I had a clear night on Monday 4th (the first for about a month). Since then I have set up my planetary scope with a solar filter so I can at least do something during the day (which seem to be clearer than the nights).

Your weather isn't confined to your area we have higher than average rainfall and cloud too in the south west.  But I think pretty much the whole country has been suffering!

Its what it is, we cant change it, i used to get really fed up with bad weather but i got a second hobby and now i am patient waiting for clear skies, though my second hobby of flying multirotors is weather affected, but at least i can fly when its cloudy

The weather has been terrible here too. Earlier in the year I started solar observing and I am averaging about 20 sessions a month. I have only had 18 night sessions this year, so it obviously was a good move.

I've done white solar imaging but I eventually lost interest in capturing two or three sunspots in an otherwise plain disc .  I have thought of getting an Ha scope for more interesting features.

Archived