Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AR 2553: not too close, and all the better for it!

Iainp

I've processed about 30 different video sets this evening, and discovered something very useful: lowering the magnification can lead to more detail being revealed than with higher magnification. Actually, I already knew this, but find it hard not to zoom in all the time.  The first image is a full frame with the 2X barlow, the second a full frame with the 3X,  rather than the usual closer crop. These are probably the best  results I've had so far. Happy days! 

Iain 

15hfinalb.jpg

15ctfinal.jpg

Thanks guys.  Yes, I have the 3X on as the 'default' but most of the time the seeing conditions just don't warrant it,  I'm beginning to realise.  Also I get a low frame rate (15 per second) with full frame whereas with a smaller ROI  it's much higher, so that's another temptation to get in close. Results today suggest 15 fps is perfectly usable though. 

Excellent details Iain. These are definitely your most impressive images. I really like the dramatic renditions here. Really well done! Interestingly, I have been experimenting with ROI as well, and have some images I will post of the same subject. But these are very inspiring for me! I am so happy that you found your groove!

-Charles

Archived