SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

All hail the 10" Dob

MattJenko

My experiment to try using my 250px as a jack of all trades seems to have taken a decent step forwards. This is M12, taken using an AzEQ6 with a 250px on top last night. It is taken with an Atik 414ex camera with ZWO RGB filters. 12 x 2 mins for each channel. Guided with an ST80 on top, which does look rather cute.

Still lots to work on, like some curvature and coma, and looking a the image here, the background is a little all over the shop, but enjoying the process. It is a hefty tricky setup though.

M12_250px.jpg

Thank you all for the very complimentary comments. They are very much appreciated. I have done a bit of fiddling with the image and it is now a little less noisy, but ultimately the same image:

M12_250px-L.jpg

Last night I gave the coma corrector a go and decided on a project, seeing as things look good. Curvature and coma are better, but still some tilt. This is 2 hours of Red only data. I have a feeling this one won't be finished for quite some time....

M27_R.jpg

Archived