Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best Camera for Planetary Imaging

Gina

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck Gina, remember to image using a roi just bigger than the chosen planet, it will help get fast frame rates and not burden your HDD with large files full of ... blackness !

Helps stacking too.

Been trying to get the ZWO ASI185MC camera working with my astro laptop.  Downloaded the USB3 driver and installed it and Device mangler now shows it as working.  SharpCap has recognised it but I can't get it to capture anything - the frame rate is fixed at 0fps and I can't see anywhere to set it.  EZPlanetary won't even detect it :(

I might try it in oaCapture on my Linux Mint laptop but that is only USB2.  I'll probably install Linux on my asto laptop which is currently running Win 7.

Iirc sharpcap lists 2 instances of the camera, a basic and the proper zwo version, check which one youre using... fps as such isn't adjustable, its auto governed by the shutter speed and gain settings, good luck fiddling .

Thanks :)  A capture app seems to veve loades with the driver called AMCap which is working :)  ATM I have its fisheye lens on it and hung out of the window pointing roughly south.

The object above the flattish top tree I think is mars and above the greenhouse is Jupiter.

Capture 01.JPG

Hi Gina. Only the basic settings on sharp cap works. Not the ZWO Design setting at the bottom.

I down loaded the latest drivers from the ZWO site. Not the ones on the disc. It should work ok

with sharp cap. I have had no problems with mine so far.

Archived