Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A few from 15th May

Drop Of Sun

Here are a few from Sunday! I imaged with my Quark in the morning then switched to my wife's Quark around lunch time. This gave me a bit of a chance to compare our Quarks.

27062351536_0382eeb677_o.jpg

27057315946_0b3a398ec8_o.jpg

26450282793_1874cf2a0e_o.jpg

And here's a mini shootout between my Quark and my wife's, some hours apart and I rotated mine to match the orientation - could be that's partly why mine has more artifacts. My Quark is darker than my wife's and was shot with more gain:

27062398506_4a06c28a2f_o.jpg

I did same processing to both. I need to double check the tuning on my Quark, it should be on what I thought was best before but best I check that out! I need to double check my wife's is on best too.

Thanks for looking!

2 hours ago, David Smith said:

Good set Luke. Both Quarks bring something to the party, I guess it's just a case of preference. I assume they are both Chromosphere versions.

Thanks David! Yes, they are both Chromospheres. At the eyepiece I much prefer Sarah's. It's more contrasty and shows more detail. Sarah doesn't like my one visually, she is happy with her one.

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Nice set of images Luke, I find the problem with trying to compare things is the ever changing conditions :)

Dave

Thanks, Dave!

Yes anyone not used to solar imaging, please keep in mind that conditions can vary a lot from one minute to the next, this is not a very scientifc test!

The shootout result is really interesting for me as I can see from it why I find it easier to process images from Sarah's Quark. I should add that I think Sarah's Quark is very good, I would pay £1500 for it :)

Archived