NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

May 5th - HA and WL - Welcome back AR2542 ne AR2529

paulastro

This morning haze made it difficult to get anything worthwhile in HA, despite bright sunshine.  There was a nice filaprom on the NE limb.  It WL it was nice to see the return of our old friend AR2529 (the heart shaped AR) coming back round for its second solar transit, though now it has been re-designated as AR2542. 

HA pics were taken with the Lunt 60mm DS and Olympus E-M10 and the WL with the Equinox 80 and Lunt H Wedge with the same camera.  For the close up of AR2542 I also used a x2 barlow.

P5050598b.jpgP5050561f.jpgP5050608a.jpgP5050668b.jpg

1 hour ago, philj said:

Nice ones Paul. Did I read that right an Em10?

Hello Phil.  Yes, an E-M10!!  I've still got the E-M5 but a friend of mine actually advertised it on astrobuysell a few weeks ago with a lens at a very good price, I couldn't resist it.  I bought it as a second body as I wanted the lens and it also has a built in flash of course which is useful.  I also thought it would be useful to have a back-up body for my solar pics.  It works just as good as the M5 for my solar pics.

59 minutes ago, David Smith said:

Great shots Paul. I hadn't realised that was 2529 coming back for more.

Thanks David.  I would like to say I knew this because I'm clever.  In fact it was on spaceweather.com this morning.  :laugh:

Archived