Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

April 13th - AR2529 Update, White Light, 3.20pm.

paulastro

My last frames, taken at 3.20pm with Equinox 80mm, Lunt H Wedge, Olympus E-M5, plus x2 barlow for close-up.

Taken about seven hours after my earliest frames this morning, the bridge going into the umbra looks a bit narrow and goes further into the umbra as it curves round to the South.  Also, where the bridge leaves the umbra (and enters the penumbra) on the W edge (thr right in the picture) it appears to split into two faintly visible channels which weren't evident before - at least not on my earlier frames.

P4131224a.jpgP4131151a.jpg

Very nice Paul! I was seeing visual detail not unlike your close up yesterday, so much to see in there, and quite a lot of changes happening even during the course of a day.

32 minutes ago, Stu said:

Very nice Paul! I was seeing visual detail not unlike your close up yesterday, so much to see in there, and quite a lot of changes happening even during the course of a day.

Many thanks Stu. I do agree with you about how fascinating it is to monitor a large and/or complex sunspot group.  As you say, they can change surprisingly quickly sometimes.

17 minutes ago, David Smith said:

Super close-up Paul. I tried some today but the seeing was appalling.

Many thanks David.  I agree with your comments on the seeing, it has been very poor around here.  Still, I'm glad to be able to have seen it at all.  :hello2:

Archived