NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter animation March 18th

Space Cowboy

36 frame animation from the 18th spanning just over 90 mins. Unfortunately the GIF is showing compression artefacts so I've included the video version. Field rotation was corrected by measuring each image in winjupos and using derotation of images to align each shot and also generate extra images to fill any gaps and provide a smoother rotation.

Jupiter March 18 36 frames.gif

Jup March 18th 36 frames.avi

Just love the fine detail in this. Just look at all the hairline details. A lesson on how not to over bloat fine details, by using too low reg sliders or some such.

Also great tech on removing the rotation. Must have been a lot of work, but worth it.

All taken with a dob Mount. Redefining planetary imaging in the UK with dobs is what I think. Your like the UK dob king. And should be commended by all who realize. what your achieving. You know if I lived somewhere nice. I would get a large dob and follow suit. but in the UK it likely wouldn't be worth it. And would need a permanent obs

Great work

It also just occurred to me how no one has followed suit on here, with such said scope. That's how easy it is. Bet you know it inside out by now.

To all serious  newbies on a budget. learn from this guy. You could learn a lot. Get some great planetary images from the UK

2 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Just love the fine detail in this. Just look at all the hairline details. A lesson on how not to over bloat fine details, by using too low reg sliders or some such.

Also great tech on removing the rotation. Must have been a lot of work, but worth it.

All taken with a dob Mount. Redefining planetary imaging in the UK with dobs is what I think. Your like the UK dob king. And should be commended by all who realize. what your achieving. You know if I lived somewhere nice. I would get a large dob and follow suit. but in the UK it likely wouldn't be worth it. And would need a permanent obs

Great work

It also just occurred to me how no one has followed suit on here, with such said scope. That's how easy it is. Bet you know it inside out by now.

To all serious  newbies on a budget. learn from this guy. You could learn a lot. Get some great planetary images from the UK

Thanks Neil for your generous comments! Yeah maybe I should change my screen name to King Dob lol  Drizzle works so well for fine detail that I can never get without.

This animation has come out better than my others as they always had a slight wobble even though I did the image measurements the same. Maybe its because I used the latest version of winjupos?

For sure Dob's are the best value and are often on the buy and selll. i've seen a couple of 12" ones recently which I would have been interested in if the planets were better placed but it doesn't seem worth it which is a shame. I always laugh out loud when I read statements saying you can't use Dobs for astrophotography.

Archived