Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Apennines & Caucasus Mountains Mosaic 17.03.2016

theo

The is a seven pane mosaic of one of my favourite regions of the lunar landscape. As mentioned in my earlier post the seeing was better than it had been for some time on the 17th although still some slight fuzz here and there. Its been a tricky year so far so this is quite a nice consolation. Kit used is shown in the image title. 

Pete

Appenines Caucasus mosaic.png

That's a tremendous image. I've been zooming in on the full frame looking at all sorts of things I've never seen in such detail.

This is a screen shot of one section of your image (hope you don't mind), the rille or stream like feature in this is so sharp. I think it's passing the Hadley C crater leading up to the Apollo 15 site. Anyway, incredible stuff :)

image.png

Very smooth and detailed Pete, a very realistic excellent capture.  I managed to get out on the 17th as well, couldn't resist that high gibbous moon and the stable seeing was a real bonus.

Alan

Archived